By Katherine Cole
VOA News, Washington
Traditional Cajun music is a mix of instrumental sounds and styles. It comes from combining music brought to the southern U.S. state of Louisiana by early settlers with the sounds brought by later immigrants. Steve Riley leads one of the most popular Cajun bands in the U.S.; his new greatest hits CD is a good place to begin learning about this all-American sound.
Posted by courier at 07:24 PM. Filed under: Entertainment
No comments • Permalink
Apple Computer Inc. (MCT)
Top 10 albums on iTunes Music Store for June 25:
1. "Viva la Vida," Coldplay
2. "Camp Rock (Music from the Disney Channel Original Movie)," Various Artists
3. "Tha Carter III," Lil Wayne
4. "Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust," Sigur Ros
5. "Love on the Inside (Deluxe Fan Edition)," Sugarland
6. "Saints of Los Angeles," Motley Crue
7. "The Sound of Madness (Bonus Track Edition)," Shinedown
8. "Last 2 Walk," Three 6 Mafia
9. "Last Days at the Lodge," Amos Lee
10. "Modern Guilt," Beck
For more information, please visit the iTunes Web site at www.apple.com/itunes/.
Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
Posted by courier at 06:52 PM. Filed under: Entertainment
1 comment • Permalink